Monday, December 28, 2009

Who needs to TV??

So here they are, my prodigies. I couldn't resist taking this picture it made me so proud that my kids had traded in staring at one screen for hours for an interactive one. I have tried for years to get them to learn programming but I will take playing with Webkinz for right now, well at least the oldest two, Sadie is "typing letters", oh so close.

I guess you know where my priorities are, but I don't let these teaching moments slip away. Diversity awareness is very important to me. I took the time to introduce them to an entirely new experience of using a MacBook.  I did ease them into using the more energy efficient netbook first, I wanted them to really understand responsible computing first and then how to embrace change and differences.


No comments: